..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 18, 2014 BOULDER REPUBLICAN WOMEN LUNCHEON MEETING
DATE AND TIME: TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 18, 11:30 A.M.- 1:00 P.M. (Check-in starts at 11:00 A.M.)
LOCATION: 95 a Bistro & Sushi, 1381 Forest Park Cir., Lafayette*
COST: $16.00 for members. Guest lunch $21.00.
Make reservations with Patt Hanson, firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: (303) 442-3787
or online: boulderreupblicanwomen.org website
Please RSVP by Friday, November 14th to allow for an accurate headcount and sufficient food!
SPOUSES & GUESTS ARE WELCOME
BRING A COOLER - QUICHE PICK UP AT 11 AM
"About Our Schools: the Good News, the Bad News..."
Meet Derec Shuler, a businessman and entrepreneur, and member of the Board of Directors
for the Colorado Republican Business Coalition.
Mr. Shuler is founder of the Golden View Classical Academy, a K-12 school in Jefferson County, Colorado, to open in the Fall 2015. “We are replicating a model that is currently high-performing among a variety of communities and diverse student groups. We are partnered with the Hillsdale College Barney Charter School Initiative.” A second school, Coolidge Classical, is in the works for Broomfield County. Paige Rodrigues, a Boulder County resident and anti-Common Core activist, working with Mr. Shuler on both schools, will present with Mr. Shuler.
* Directions: From Boulder, take Arapahoe East, cross 95, get in the right hand lane and turn right on Forest Park Circle. Take the first right into the shopping center and proceed straight ahead to 95 a Bistro & Sushi.
Subject: VOTER FRAUD - no, that doesn't happen? !!!
Voter fraud here in BOULDER caught on camera. Thank you Linda Trumble for the 'heads up'.
(YOU MAY NEED TO COPY AND PASTE THIS LINK INTO YOUR WEB BROWSER, if it doesn't immediately click to the site)
Subject: SAFEGUARD YOUR BALLOT
Do NOT surrender your ballot to anyone (other than a close family member for delivery). There is ballot harvesting going on by the 'bad' guys. No one
has been assigned to pick up your ballot.
The Republican Boulder Victory office "GET OUT THE VOTE MESSAGE" is asking that we turn in our ballots sooner rather than later.
To reduce the risk of fraud, it was recommended
1. That we go to a voting center and request a replacement ballot (no markings or identification on the ballot) or vote by machine*
2. Take the completed ballot to a Ballot Drop-off Location.* or
3. Mail through the post office.
4. TRACK YOUR BALLOT if you used option 2 or 3.
First column POPULAR LINKS; click on ELECTIONS, then click on VOTER REGISTRATION AND BALLOT STATUS LOOK-UP
Next page: 4th block down will show Ballot Sent, Ballot Received and Ballot Status
*Voting centers and drop off locations are on the blue sheet included with your ballot.
SUPPORT THE TROOPS FUNDRAISER
Freshly made, 10", frozen, ready to bake quiches for the holidays
Fabulous gifts! Great for entertaining!
Mediterranean (New!) Vegetarian
Ham and Cheese Quiche
Quiche Italian - Italian Sausage
Quiche Florentine (Spinach and Bacon)
Krab and Asparagus Quich
Cajun Quiche with Andouille Sausage
Order Deadline: Oct. 30th
Pick-up Nov. 18th at the the Nov. Membership Meeting
Send check made out to BRW with quiche order(s) ASAP to
Boulder Republican Women,
ATT: Beverlee White, 550 Manorwood La, Louisville, CO 80027
HAPPY TUR-QUICHE DAY!
Quiches created by Meals on Wheels of Boulder.
Questions? Contact Beverlee White
Minutes of the BRW Membership Meeting, October 21, 2014 at 95 a Bistro & Sushi
President Beverlee White called the meeting to order at 11:30 am. Gerry Gifford gave the inspiration, and Mark Baisley led the Pledge of Allegiance.
Beverlee White introduced and welcomed guests and new members.
Minutes of the May and September 2014 meetings were approved.
Treasurer’s Report – we have a balance of $3033.78.
Nominating Committee Report - Theresa Watson thanked outgoing President Beverlee White for her service, and presented the committee’s nominees for 2015 officers: Susie Littmann–President, Theresa Watson–1st VP, Susan Mueller–2nd VP Membership, Susan Kolwicz–Secretary, and Carolyn Hauser–Treasurer. No nominations were made from the floor. All nominees were elected unanimously. Theresa reminded the club that in 2016, several offices will be vacant.
Support the Troops - Gerry is collecting mugs and supplies through November, for delivery to veterans sometime in Dec. Contact Gerry Gifford (303) 997-8161 or DIGiff@aol.com.
Announcements – Bev is taking orders for our Quiche Fundraiser for Support the Troops. Quiches will be delivered at the Nov. meeting.
Bev announced events for Bob Beauprez today at Boulder Victory Headquarters, Boulder, and also October 28 here. Flyers were available for the “Doggone Good Night” event Oct. 30 in Broomfield.
Bev welcomed George Leing, Candidate for Congress CD2. He thanked members for their support, and spoke about his campaign and the importance of getting out the vote.
Bev and Susie Littmann introduced the speakers:
Mark Baisley, Vice Chair CO Republican Party - Get out the Vote and ballot issues, including Amendment 68 and Prop 104.
Jean Paxton, Pres. Broomfield RW - Ballot Issue 3A
Amber Clay, Colorado Farm Bureau – No on Proposition 105
Rebekah Brown, Heritage Action for America –helping citizens to influence our elected officials on conservative issues.
Q & A followed, with discussion on other issues, judges, and ballot counting integrity.
The Nov 18th meeting topic is “About Our Schools: the good news, the bad news…”
Sharon Keck won the 50/50 split.
Meeting was adjourned at 1:30pm.
Respectfully submitted by Susan Kolwicz, Secretary October 22, 2014
LETTER TO THE EDITOR - THE DENVER POST
I’m not sure, but there must be a record for the number of campaign ads on a single topic that most Colorado voters do not put on their list of concerns. I have taken to muting Mark Udall’s ads about Cory Gardner outlawing birth control. When I talk to my women friends, this issue is not on their list.
That’s probably because we know that no matter which candidate wins the Senate race, there will be no banning of birth control or abortion. Economic issues, costs of college education and associated debt and jobs for the kids after they graduate, immigration reform, and foreign policy are matters that worry us more. But what bothers us the most is that America seems weaker over the last few years. Putin takes Crimea, Assad crosses the red line, Iran gets closer to nuclear weapons, ISIS beheads Americans on video, and that doesn’t even count the slow economic recovery. These are the issues that candidates should be addressing.
Susan Mueller, Boulder
This letter was published in the Oct. 10 edition.
Welcome to the Boulder Republican Women Website!
We appreciate your interest and welcome your membership.
Boulder Republican Women (BRW) is a part of the Colorado Federation of Republican Women (CFRW) and together we help to make up the National Federation of Republican Women (NFRW). NFRW is one of the largest grassroots political forces in America.
Together, we work to promote the principles, objectives and policies of the Republican Party --
- self reliance
- limited government
- a strong national defense
- elect Republican candidates
- inform the public through political education and activity
- increase the effectiveness of women in the cause of good government
Be sure to check out our website and see what conservatives are doing in Boulder County. We currently have 167 members and offer, both, full and associate memberships. BRW Luncheon Meetings are held the 3rd Tuesday of each month, September through May, from 11 AM to 1 PM. Along with great food and friendship, each meeting includes an 'always informative' guest speaker. Visit our Events Calendar for more information.
7 Reasons You will Vote Republican this Year
Mark Baisley, 10/27/14 TownHall.com
1. National Defense – This primary responsibility of the federal government has been effectively mismanaged for a good six years now. The world has always had an abundance of narcissistic jerks bent on world domination. But between 1783 and 2008, they operated more like delusional street-crazies. Their lusts were tethered by the knowledge that if they acted on their impulses, the United States military would shock them back to bearable behavior. But evil villains are evidently not intimidated by our current Sissy In Chief. The President will need the added pressure of Republican control in both houses of Congress to support his international spine.
2. Health care –Now that the Democrats have invited government bureaucrats into every one of our body cavities, it is time for the citizens to respond as if they still have some measure of self-esteem. Ideally, Obamacare will be uprooted and replaced with free-market systems in 2017. But while the President has two years left to complete his vision of socialized medicine, it is critical that both chambers of Congress are controlled by the loyal opposition.
3. National debt of $17,000,000,000,000 – Only a conservative-controlled Congress will bother to develop a plan to recover from the current 17 trillion dollar debt. And only a balanced budget constitutional amendment would deliver the nation from its current path of self-destruction. With the possibility of a Republican president and Republican controlled congress just two years away, we cannot afford to miss the rare opportunity to entertain a balanced budget amendment.
4. Energy – Controlling Washington’s ridiculous spending spree is only one half of the solution necessary to recover from America’s enormous debt. Paying down all those zeros will require an economic explosion akin to the dot-com era. Fortunately, the nation is sitting on natural resources that can provide exactly that. And displacing the religious environmentalist Democrats with pragmatic business Republicans will release America’s natural entrepreneurial spirit to pull energy out of the ground and sell it to the rest of the world for a tidy profit.
5. Supreme Court Justice Nominees – We are extremely fortunate to have made it this far with only two Supreme Court Justices having been appointed by the radical President Obama. The ages of the remaining justices dictate that more replacements are imminent. In the unfortunate circumstance where Barack Obama would nominate one or more additional justices, a Republican Senate would be able to non-consent another Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
6. Illegal Immigration – By now, it should only be a mystery to the New York Times that the Democratic Party has been flooding the U.S. with illegal immigrants toward increasing their voter base. Even Republican senators will need reminding from their base to behave according to the party platform on this topic. But a conservative majority in the Senate could help get the nation back to inviting only those who will contribute to the American dream rather than overwhelm our culture with conflicting interests.
7. Epic Lame Duck Syndrome – Elected officials who have no fear of voter reprisal in the final phase of their term will sometimes take actions that would otherwise ruin their chances of re-election. The last significant example of this is Bill Clinton’s impressive list of pardons and commutations for an unsavory group of thieves, tax cheats and drug traffickers. But the Obama Administration reportedly has plans to go non compos mentis as he golfs his way to the finish line. With unprecedented arrogance and a demonstrated disregard for the Constitution, only a Republican majority in both the House and the Senate will be able to withstand the behavior that promises to fly out of the West Wing between now and noon on January 20, 2017.
Support of the Troops!!!
Please bring your donations to the Luncheon Meetings
Paperback books, toiletries, AA & AAA Batteries, Band Aids, Beef Jerky, Candy, Canned Chili & Fruit, Carmex, Chapstick, Cough Drops, Dental Floss, Eye Drops, Flashlights, Lotion (travel size), Mouth Wash & Toothpaste (travel size), Tooth Brushes, Neopsorin, Nuts, Drink Mixes (i.e. Crystal Light), Pop Tarts, Postage, Shampoo & Conditioners (travel size) & white cotton socks.
'Sew Much Comfort' Support!
Sew Much Comfort creates custom, adaptive clothing
for our wounded service members.
Now you may donate to SMC each time you shop at Smile.Amazon.com
Click below for more information on Sew Much Comfort.